Thursday 1 October 2020

long short sight

long short sight


in the furthering out of the loin mist

between eyes unfocused 

the long way aching in shoulders 

that refuse to sob at

this seance of nothing


remove the scarf of winter distant

the pallid tears so grey so grey

long eyes cast my ways but

beyond comprehension’s sight

call   did you call    i say 


what knifed poet can you be

beyond the veil so far from me

that lays the chord the string the thread 

that i might at least see

but no answer comes back to me


dead as ever down this ratted culvert

this milky night of moon lime

a trickle that dries and mists again

across all my whys and wherefores

lying back on pillowside closed eyes 


and you are gone  once more

for now that is all

is it not

falling from my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment