Saturday 6 May 2023

god’s in his heaven

 god’s in his heaven 


the perfect spot

is it not

for the sun is gentle

and the garden humid

the door to the greenhouse

is open wide

the plants have decided 

it is time to grow

and my shirt is off

my toes exposed 

and this how it goes 

as the apple blossoms fall

all is perfect in the world to me

forgotten yuletide the christmas tree

the cobra sage is flowering free

mint and thyme aromatic dinner 

a place here for even a sinner 

can see the reason for a perfect life

here sit with me and end this strife 

climate change is coming fast

the clement parameters will never last

a pigeon flaps and pecks her cheek

everything fecund or so to speak

let me rest my golden eyes

under these blue suburban skies

and dream it will stay with me

but alas it is not meant to be

a chill breeze stirs the grass

my shirt back on

until the clouds are past

god’s in his heaven

the king’s on his throne

so go away off with you now

i need to be alone

No comments:

Post a Comment