Saturday 8 July 2023

tash painted me a poem

 tash painted me a poem


a gathering of yesterdays 

waiting for sadness to arrive

from around the back of the shut church

where it has gone for a wee pee


the gravestones lean in closer to see

how the stone flakes of the immemorial names

that went for a pee and never came back 

from around the back of time


and again in no time even the ivy has died

its veins brown and empty and as dried

as the absence of tears on the lichened stone

warm to touch by you alone


this day of days linger stays and says

forgive me past my long lost friend

through the cracked stone covers

inside the rust railed tombs


who goes there 

no one says for no one

dares step on you like i do today

friends and lovers joined in time

gone the way that shows the way


home


is here where no heart is but these stones

under a white sky and the starkest trees

roll away the grass roll away the stones

for here i am upon my knees 

time was i loved you dear

and my time for me draws nearer near


paint you this scene to hang upon your wall

for 

you know

it says it all


as it must and always will


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sentiments and,yes, it says it all for me

    ReplyDelete