Monday 30 September 2024

the ordinary poet gets overlooked

 the ordinary poet gets overlooked


for he/she is not a member of a minority

physically 

emotionally 

genderally 

psychologically 

ethnically

you name it ally ally ally


the ordinary poet gets overlooked


nothing to see here

just her/his words

move along 

nothing odd

nothing to see

move along now 


just an ordinary poet

who may be saying extraordinary things 

but they are unrecognisable as originating from a minority

a minority that surely must exemplify the extraordinary 

what else 

to the ordinary reader

the ordinary plebeian


move me along now

if these words do not move you 

if neither you or me are extraordinary 


the ordinary poet will always be overlooked

by the ordinary reader 


now isn’t that extraordinary 


well cut off my legs and call me shorty

(my dad used to say that)


extraordinary 

No comments:

Post a Comment