Monday 8 April 2019

All my love xxx

All my love xxx

  Louis 
    All my love
  Clare xxx

Should I have cared?
Or should I have 
put it back on the shelf? And 
backed away from their love lines
that took these poems and said,
these are for you,
this is from me,
they say 
I love you.

Was it yesterday,
last week, last month,
or years and years ago?
That their love was inscribed
here on this book so.
Were their words meant to stay there;
and yet, here am I holding it with held breath
at arms lengthly; gingerly turning 
the pages and tiptoeing in without looking. 

Not knowing them,
as I did not know the poet, 
yet,
the thought that they did not know
that I would be holding them
bestows upon me the credence
of being aware that the privilege 
is all mine, and so here
I lay it down for you.

  Louis & Clare 
     With all my love
  Jim xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment