Thursday 27 February 2020

sigh less

sigh less

fingers of silence in the sun
my eyes run into the non-sound
of the ringing of the mind
              stopping 
forever seeking
the source of the ending
  daffodil to daffodil to shrub-hedged rolling woods 
and mountainsides of thoughts climbing out of this lea
lead me lead me to thee
any bloody alliteration to jar this soundlessness
  any peregrination to any squealing gate    but no
the fingers of silence press
even the frog in my belly has left me
    the caressing sun almost a sound upon my skin
the hair’s frenetic raising at the ghost of a chance
that this silence will be for evermore 
oh no  no   no
                       but yes   yes
why not retreat down into the cavern 
down the back of the neck-spine 
  down
to where the screams are pulseless
to where the tombstones whisper
welcome home   welcome home
  don’t knock it son
    don’t knock it

No comments:

Post a Comment