Tuesday 4 June 2024

my voting intention ~ believe me

 my voting intention ~ believe me 

** with apologies to the Kinks **


i am counting down the days

those endless days those electioneering days you gave me

those deciding days 

those  ‘i have made up my mind’  days

believe me


days when i know wrong from right

days when i know that i am right

i know they are right 

i’ll trust them every single day

believe me


and soon we’ll vote 

on the day that will change our lives

believe me

on the day the tories fly

you’ll know why that it’s alright 

your vote for Labour 

believe me


i wish today was voting day

for these days are dark, and just bring sorrow

i wish that voting day was tomorrow 

believe me

that perfect day, that sacred day you gave me

i will cast my Labour vote again

believe me


I'm thinking of that day

i won't forget that single day, believe me

a day i'll remember all my life

the day we saw wrong from right

the day we voted Labour

now we’re no longer frightened of this world


believe me

No comments:

Post a Comment