Wednesday 27 January 2021

private

private 

do i want private medical cover

the advert asks

as if it could stop covid

or save the die

but more it illuminates

the cost dichotomy

of the risks to health

of you and me and what 

money

cannot buy 

so why not share it

why oh why

do we die of penury 

me and you

an you and me

i look up and see

a collared dove preening in the tree

such simple things

end at death and yet

you ask me to buy the queue

so that i can sit ahead of you

and i ask again

my stupid friend 

  sorry if i offend

but can you buy off death for me

if i harvest the money tree and

why would i want medical cover

to live by the death of my brother

oh brother oh brother

when this is over

there will must has to be

a reconsider

a revolution in society

or the game will be up 

for you and me

and then global warming

now there’s another thing

that private this or private that

or a nod and wink 

or a quiet chat

will never solve this century

and if it does not it will be

the end of you and the end of me

seriously

seriously 


seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment