Wednesday 18 May 2022

the door to the cellar is open

 the door to the cellar is open



there is no dark deed 

given a circumstance 

that i would not do


that realisation seared me

slit my smile bloodwards 

yet it left the blandishments 

as an incense upon the air


oh no not me

they easily say 

oh no

not i 

not me 

oh no


calm down i say

if you say no then i believe you

at this point in time

for

not everyone can self-analyse

the dark corners where no candle stays

to flicker give an even chance

but

no 

the profound black is metaphysical 

a hand that reaches will clasp a dagger


a hand reaching will clasp a throat

a bomb blast lights up

an unmarked grave

no

profound black is a taste

a bilious retching 

a hand upon the zip

of the brain stem’s basal ganglia


so you would never

would you not


well take away every social handrail 

deluge your minutes in tortuous assault

open every nerve ending

close every conscious thought

drink the autonomic emotions

that escape upon the wings of war

after one thousand cuts

you will stop at nothing

to stop everything 


now


you say you still would not succumb 

well i would


look out behind you

for i have looked behind me 

inside of me

and there was no one there

to stop me


there is no light switch in the coal cellar

the enamel has splintered far and wide

reducing me smaller than the deadliest spider


for now i know that if i was there

i would


anthracite is hard to hand

but its flames are very hot


throw me another look

as i stand stock still


throw me another of your looks

for if looks could kill


yours surely will 



No comments:

Post a Comment